This is an inbuilt function function provided by PPWIZARD.
This routine splits a string value based on a delimiter into
multiple tokens (stored in an array).
This function takes two or more parameters as follows:
- The name of the array to create (don't include the dot).
- The value to be processed (split).
- An optional delimiter (a single space is the default).
A delimiter can be any number of characters long.
- This optional parameter indicates what type of space translation
should occur (if not supplied "B" is used).
This value should be "K" to leave whitespace alone!
It can be be "BM" to remove all leading and trailing
whitespace as well as removing any duplicated whitespace within
You can also supply "L", "T", or "B" to remove leading, trailing or
both types of whitespace.
- This optional parameter allows you to specify that you wish
to keep blank tokens (or those only containing whitespace).
Normally blank tokens are dropped, pass 'Y' to prevent this.
The number of items in the array is returned.
call ArraySplit 'Fruit', 'apple orange pear'
Sunday November 05 2017 at 10:00am